Labels

Thursday, October 26, 2006

What is Beauty ?


When I realize while reading a book the reason why Author chose to write a sentence in this way and not some other.The order and the choice of certain words which he decided upon while writing to convey a certain meaning and not some other,and the fact that I got it; That is beauty.

When I see a guitarist performing on the stage, his head tilted down to see the fretboard ,his fingers moving faster and faster to reach other chord or node, he himself oblivious to the world around him leave alone the audience.When to him the whole world is reduced to his guitar.This picture of a man oblivious of the world,his head tilted, with a slightly bent knee to support the guitar; being in front of our eyes still in some other world.He might be a novice in his PR gimmicks so typical of rockstars, his other worldiness simply makes me gasp for breath.That is beauty.

When I sit on the stones beside the river in my hometown.I hear the sound of the flowing water, looking at the soothing green of the mountain forest in front of me.I can feel the coldness of the stones, an effect of being so near to the river and for so long.I look at the most beautiful blue of the sky and I shudder with my desire for somebody to be sitting beside me there at that very moment.It is neither the blue sky nor the soothing green of the forest, it is neither the clear water flowing beneath me and nor even that 'somebody', It is the plain and simple desire that I had at that moment..that is beauty.

The fact that everytime I try to grasp the meaning of beauty, decide upon something common between all the things beautiful,I fail miserably because I always find something,somebody beautiful in its own way ....that my dear friend is BEAUTY.

Stay Beautiful(I like orkut ;-) )

7 comments:

  1. a classic elaboration on beauty,buddy.i liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true,Beauty truly rests in the eyes of the beholder ,its just a placid illustration of something which leaves footprints onto you on a sumptuous note ..

    Anonymous yet quantified into the beautiful word "Beauty"

    ..Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty.. something imbibed in everything one just needs the vision...
    Good work !!!
    Now i know why my parents call me that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can one pen down such feelings so effortlessly...! well, that's the beauty of your writing my friend..! Keep up the good work.

    I wish i could also have penned my thoughts so well...mine are more practical and story-driven..

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud one....explains beauty quite well...keep bloggin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a beauty!A very well written article...it sways...if u know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i liked the pictorial implication of beauty....

    wud have been better if the source of this pic wud have been given.....

    ReplyDelete